Agora Gourmet collects customer information in an effort to enhance and personalize your shopping experience. This information allows us to communicate with our customers about our products, services and promotions.
Agora Gourmet requests and collects personal information from our customers to deliver the products and services you request and to help improve your shopping experience. The types of personal information we may collect from you can vary according to the method through which it was attained.
Information You Provide to Us
We receive and store any information you knowingly provide to us, such as:
- Full name
- Email address
- Phone number
- Shipping address
- Billing information and payment details (such as billing address, credit card details, and other sensitive financial information, specifically for the purpose of completing your transaction)
- Username and password for your Agora Gourmet membership
- A record of your Agora Gourmet orders, purchase history, and shopping behavior and preferences
- Information provided by you through your interactions with us in social media
- Location and geographic information that could be collected if you use our mobile site.
- Other details that you may submit to us or that may be included in the information provided to us by third parties.
- You may also provide personal information about other people, such as their name and email address. When you select to email a friend your wish list, tell a friend about Agora Gourmet, or purchase a Gift Certificate for a friend, we will use their name and email address to send them a one-time email. This information is only used for the sole purpose of completing your request. We do not share your friend’s email information for any other purposes unless that friend creates a membership to Agora Gourmet stores this information for the sole purpose of sending this one-time email and tracking the success these programs. Your friend may contact us at email@example.com to request that we remove this information from our database.
Information Collected Automatically
As is true of most web sites, we gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information may include internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and/or clickstream data. We may combine this automatically collected log information with other information we collect about you. We do this to improve to improve marketing, analytics, and site functionality.
We use Local Storage Objects (LSOs) such as HTML5 to store content information and preferences. Third parties with whom we partner to provide certain features on our site or to display advertising based upon your Web browsing activity use LSOs such as HTML 5 to collect and store information. Various browsers may offer their own management tools for removing HTML5 LSOs.
Do Not Track is a voluntary program among Internet advertisers that is intended to give users the ability to opt-out of behavioral targeting and advertising. At this time, we do not respond to “do not track” settings.
- Local Storage Objects (HTML5)
How We Use Your Information
We use your personal information to provide you products and services, such as to fulfill your request for products or to help us personalize our offering to you. We also use your personal information to support our business functions, such as fraud prevention, marketing, and legal functions. Some examples include:
to either display advertising on our Web site or to manage our advertising on other sites. Our third party partner may use technologies such as cookies to gather information about your activities on this site and other sites in order to provide you advertising based upon your browsing activities and interests. If you wish to not have this information used for the purpose of serving you interest-based ads, you may opt-out by clicking here. Please note this does not opt you out of being served ads. You will continue to receive generic ads.
- Processing, verifying, validating, and completing your transaction
- Creating, managing, and maintaining your membership to this Site
- Providing requested live customer support and services
- Record keeping of your purchase history
- Enabling communication via our Site, and social networks
- Managing your participation in promotions
- Sending email as appropriate
Information Sharing With Outside Parties
We use a third party payment processor and a third party shipping agent to ensure the payment and delivery of your purchased products. We also use a third party to administer our referral program. We may use other third parties for other services from time to time. We may also share Personal Information with third parties who assist us with marketing and advertising services, and from time to time, partner with other trusted brands if we believe they offer products and services that may be of interest to you.
We reserve the right to disclose personal information to our service providers, the government, law enforcement agencies, or other third parties under certain circumstances where a formal request has been made (such as in responding to a court order, subpoena, or judicial proceeding) when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request, as Agora Gourmet, in our sole and absolute discretion, deems necessary and appropriate. Moreover, in the event of a sale, merger, or transfer of some or all of Agora Gourmet assets, or dissolution or bankruptcy, your personal information may be transferred to an unaffiliated third party as part of or apart from other transferred assets or assets. Any transfer will then be governed by and be the responsibility of any purchaser of or successor to the transferred assets or assets. We shall notify you by a notice on the home page of any change in the information practices governing your personal information as a result of any transfer of assets or any asset change in ownership, and your choices in how your information is used.
- Payment, Shipping, Referral, & Other Programs
This Site contains links to other websites. Agora Gourmet takes no responsibility for the privacy practices or the content of these other websites. We encourage you to read the privacy policies of each website you visit prior to disclosing your personal information.
- Links to Third Party Websites
Any personal information or image content you voluntarily disclose online in a manner that other users can view (including, but not limited to: product reviews, comments, on social media pages, and in connection with promotions) becomes publicly available, and can be read, collected, and used by other members of this forum to send you unsolicited messages. Your membership name, email, or other information may also be displayed when you post comments or upload images throughout the Site. Agora Gourmet is not responsible for the personal information users select to disclose in these forums. To request removal of your personal information, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org In some cases, we may not be able to remove your personal information, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why.
- User-Generated Content & Information Disclosure
- Social Media Features and Widgets
You can access, update, or change your personal information by signing into your Agora Gourmet membership page. If you wish to cancel your account, or request that we no longer use your information to provide services to you, contact us at email@example.com You can choose not to provide us with any or all of the information we specify or request, but then you may not be able to create a membership with us or to take advantage of some or all of our features. We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. If you wish to cancel your account or request that we no longer use your information to provide you services contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements. You can choose not to provide us with any or all of the information we specify or request, but then you may not be able to create a membership with us or to take advantage of some or all of our features. We may also send you newsletters and additional email messages about our products, services, and promotions that we feel may be of interest to you. If you no longer wish to receive these and other promotional communications from us, you may select the unsubscribe link which is present in each email.
Agora Gourmet is intended for users who are 18 years of age and older. If you are under the age of 18, you are not permitted to submit any personal information to us.
We employ electronic safety measures to assist us in protecting your personal information and credit card data. These safeguards help us to prevent fraud and unauthorized access as well as maintain data accuracy.